Author Topic: theme music found/a mothering scene  (Read 6030 times)

Offline AstraKiseki

• Level 1
    • View Profile
theme music found/a mothering scene
« on: August 05, 2005, 08:47:55 PM »
Okay, I'm playing Icewind Dale 2, and I am listening to the music in Kuladahar (I think that is how you spell it....) and then it hits me.  The music for the town is PERFECT for Parn.  So....  in honor of actually finding something...

Some work from the mothering arc:

Parn: (You're marching behind Parn for once, since he insisted on taking point for once, when you notice just how messy his hair.)

1- (Look for a comb in your pack) (to A)
2- (Shrug and not comment) (to B)
3- (Sigh and march over to untangle his hair) (to C)
4- Parn, do you *ever* comb your hair? (to D)

A: Parn: (You check your pack for a comb and after finding it wedged in between your rations, you pull it out and inch towards the nercomancer's unruly golden hair.) (to C)

B: Parn: (The rogue continues marching without comment.) (end, nothing happens)

C: Parn: (Parn turns and looks at you, at your hands, and back at you.) ah, what are you planning, <charname>?

1- Parn, your hair is a mess, and we are NOT moving an inch until it's neat! (to E)
2- Parn Celoair, you look like a mess, especially that hair of yours.  Sit down so I can untangle it. (to F)
3- What does it look like?  I'm going to make your hair actually look decent, not like some hamster ran though it. (to G)
4- Hush and stand still. (to H)

D: Parn: I don't have a comb, <charname>. (to C)

E: Parn: (Parn instantly stands and turns so you can mess with his hair.  You get it to an inch of its golden life, and as a joke, make a little braid in the back.  You'll use it as a reminder to cut his hair sometime perhaps, but for now, it looks nice.) (to I)

F: Parn: (Parn nods and sits down to give you better access to it.  As you circle about, fussing with it, you are half-tempted to cut some of it, but you can't bear to see him without the strands, so you just untangle it and stand back.) (to I)

G: (if in the party) Minsc: Boo likes Parn's hair!  He says it's soft and shiny and looks like hay!
Parn: (Parn blushes) I get the message.  I'll de-tangle my hair.  (After you hand him the comb, he begins marching again, now letting you lead so he can free his locks from the tangle it has become.) (end)

H: Parn: As you desire.  (Parn bows his head lightly, and you get to the task of making him look less of a wreck than his seemingly preferred norm.  You complete it easily, and you get the feeling Parn used a little magic to ease your work.) (to I)

I: Parn: (He carefully runs his fingers smoothly though his golden strands and smiles brightly.)  It feels strange, but I think I'll get used to it.  I suppose you'll make me keep it this way, so I'll just comb it during my watch.  But, shouldn't we be getting to where we are going? (end)

What do you think?
Tired of thief-mages?  How about trying out a wide-eyed young man more than a few picklocks up his sleeve?   
 Parn Celoair

Offline Veldrin

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 02:13:29 AM »
Priceless :D . I don't think I've posted in this thread before but I've got to say I'm looking forward to this mod. And I remember that tune from IWD 2, beatuiful music it is :nod: . A tiny little grammar suggestion though (Hope you don't mind): Response 2 should be changed to (Shrug and don't comment) or preferably to (Shrug but don't comment), since it should be in imperative form rather than infinitive as it is now. Feh...I need some dialouge to proofread so I can vent my nitpickiness. Ah well, I'll still be checking on this project, keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:
Yes, I'm gone. But you probably realized that already. My sincerest apologies for those of you whom I have inconvenienced with my continuous absences.

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Level 1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i_inhabit_earth@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nybcr/themarysuemod.htm
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 03:53:38 AM »
I love originality. :)
"Without my glasses, I see the world as it really is: kinda blurry."

"I hate to tell you this, but... your IQ Test came back negative."

The stupidest, silliest mod in progress is right here:
The Mary Sue NPC Mod

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 09:27:37 AM »
4- Parn, do you *ever* comb your hair? (to D)
D: Parn: I don't have a comb, <charname>. (to C)

C: Parn: (Parn turns and looks at you, at your hands, and back at you.) ah, what are you planning, <charname>?

Hmm This didn't quite make sense to me.
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline AstraKiseki

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 11:13:51 AM »
Ooooh.  It was just me being lazy and not taking the time to make another set of replies, that's all.  :D

Parn: Idiot.
Tired of thief-mages?  How about trying out a wide-eyed young man more than a few picklocks up his sleeve?   
 Parn Celoair

Offline coyo

• View Profile
Re: theme music found/a mothering scene
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 06:29:05 PM »
Quote from: "AstraKiseki"
Minsc: Boo likes Parn's hair!  He says it's soft and shiny and looks like hay!

oh, he does, does he.... *gets a mad gleam in her eyes* Minsc and and Parny sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G....
Anyone alert me when there is a continuation to Ascension (or ANY mod) where you end up becoming Mrs Irenicus, would ya?