Which one you have played

Both
20 (69%)
Saerileth
8 (27.6%)
Yasraena
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Saerileth and Yasraena  (Read 9693 times)

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« on: August 04, 2005, 06:03:07 AM »
Which one of those 2 mods have you played ?
Me, I played them both.
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Dead_Ghost

• Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - dead_ghost_13@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 06:20:17 AM »
Both as well, but I still prefer Saerileth. Mostly because she plays a more active roll with the PC, though not one capable of "overrunning" him. I find nothing wrong with the Yasraena mod, but I prefer Saerileth as an NPC, independent of being romanceable or not. :D
*nothing to see here. move along, move along*

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 06:26:42 AM »
Quote from: "Dead_Ghost"
Both as well, but I still prefer Saerileth. Mostly because she plays a more active roll with the PC, though not one capable of "overrunning" him. I find nothing wrong with the Yasraena mod, but I prefer Saerileth as an NPC, independent of being romanceable or not. :D

I prefer Saerileth as well, because she is romanceable. About Yasraenas, let's say she is one of the most well-written characters I have ever seen. Better than Drizzt, mainly because he turns to good to quickly and to totally for someone raised in a society like Menzoberranzan. Yasraena's transformation, under Divalir's influence, is more credible and she still behaves like a drow, while Drizzt does not. Practically, Yasraena is a drow, while Drizzt is a paladin with dark skin and white hair.

But, anyway, my main intent is to see how many of Saerileth's fans have played Yasraena as well (I have a hidden reason for it  :evil: ).

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 07:15:51 AM »
Both. I always have Tsujatha, Yasraena, Kindrek, Willie Bruce and Saerileth installed.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 07:40:44 AM »
well, thanks, moongaze!  so do we.  ;)

umm, I voted "both".  I've kinda dabbled in those mods a bit.  ;)

actually, since we're on the subject of yasraena and saerileth, remember that they banter with each other in the CrossMod Banter Pack at Gibberling Three forums.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 08:47:53 AM »
Quote from: "Moongaze"
Both. I always have Tsujatha, Yasraena, Kindrek, Willie Bruce and Saerileth installed.

I also love them, but the drawback is that, if you have a party consisting only of custom NPCs, you miss the interactions between them and the official NPCs. I generally don't take more than 2 along.

Offline happypg

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 09:18:14 AM »
I have only installed Saerileth.  The mod is what brought me to this site.  I plan to install others (like Fade) the next time I play through.

Offline Beetle

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 09:45:48 AM »
My current party has both Saerileth and Yasraena. It's the first time I've used either mod, and I'm very impressed so far!  :thumbsup:
No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

Offline Sir Juno

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 01:32:09 PM »
Quote from: "Beetle"
My current party has both Saerileth and Yasraena. It's the first time I've used either mod, and I'm very impressed so far!  :thumbsup:

Thats pretty much how I first played both of the mods.
Quote of the Time Being: "Hero, villian, savior, conquerer. You are all these Revan and yet you are nothing!" ~ Darth Malak, KOTOR

Offline Miss Sakaki

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - hpowellsmith@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mods.chosenofmystra.net/nathaniel
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 08:36:50 AM »
I've played and enjoyed both mods, though not with both characters in the same party. After deliberation I have to say I prefer Yasraena - I like the way that she interacts with her surroundings, so confused about social and environmental niceties - the Jaheira banter about husbands was one of my favourites. I find also that Saerileth's quest can feel as if she is taking attention away from the main storyline and other NPCs' stories, whereas Yasraena's blend in more with the Baldur's Gate world.
Would you give a guy a foot massage? If so, maybe you'd like Nathaniel.

What's a little falsehood between friends? The mysteries of The Luxley Family are soon to be unravelled.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 09:03:31 AM »
Quote from: "Miss Sakaki"
I find also that Saerileth's quest can feel as if she is taking attention away from the main storyline and other NPCs' stories, whereas Yasraena's blend in more with the Baldur's Gate world.

Personally, I think that is good. The PC does not have to be *always* the center of the world.

Offline Raziel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 09:14:04 AM »
Quote from: "Feanor"
I find also that Saerileth's quest can feel as if she is taking attention away from the main storyline and other NPCs' stories, whereas Yasraena's blend in more with the Baldur's Gate world.

Personally, I think that is good. The PC does not have to be *always* the center of the world.

Heh, Well its like you can say in the immy romance:"It is not our luck, its *my fate*. The entire multiverse revolves around me!"  :D
In life two things are ceratin, you live, and you die, but for some death is only the begining.

Vae Victus!-Woe to the conquered.

Humans fear what they dont understand....... and they despise what they fear.

We vampires are gods, Dark gods, and so it falls upon us thine the herd...

All men live... yet not all men truly die.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 09:20:28 AM »
Quote from: "Raziel"
Quote from: "Feanor"

Heh, Well its like you can say in the immy romance:"It is not our luck, its *my fate*. The entire multiverse revolves around me!"  :D

If you don't have Spell Immunity : Alteration when confronting a demilich, your fate meets an abrupt end.  :D

Offline Raziel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 09:39:06 AM »
Man i hate the chezzines of demilichs, they'r such a pain in the ass.
In life two things are ceratin, you live, and you die, but for some death is only the begining.

Vae Victus!-Woe to the conquered.

Humans fear what they dont understand....... and they despise what they fear.

We vampires are gods, Dark gods, and so it falls upon us thine the herd...

All men live... yet not all men truly die.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Saerileth and Yasraena
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 04:40:08 PM »
Quote from: "Raziel"
Man i hate the chezzines of demilichs, they'r such a pain in the ass.

then take kindrek in your party, just long enough to kill the demilich.  when kindrek is there, the demilich gets his ass handed to him!

after all, you certainly don't want to get saerileth imprisoned.