Author Topic: I believe I have some explaining to do...  (Read 20802 times)

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - zyraen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
I believe I have some explaining to do...
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 06:04:29 PM »
I hope he gets his ass royally whupped in Courts. And you make your first million :)
SoAVer
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline Lilly

• Level 2
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lilly_with_a_smile@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 12:42:46 AM »
Ooooh, BIG mistake, Arconian! He is suing you because TECHNICALLY (I'm not saying this is right, but it's how it goes) you were obliged to leave him your ensurance number, or your parents' if you are underage, or a number where he can contact you to pay for the damages. Since you didn't he has the ground for a law suit. In his statement he can babble whatever he wants, like it was the red light, you weren't watching, anything. He's probably some scum looking for easy cash... you be carefull with these idiots, I've seen this before.
Haven't you heard? Love isn't just for perfect things.

A perfect ending of a perfect movie: It's sunset and they're kissing. Aaaaawww. Ever wondered why it's always the sunset? Because night falls riiiight after it, mwahahahahahaha!

Offline Raziel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 12:50:17 AM »
The guy is an asshole whos trying to milk you for money and any judge who gives him the time of day is a total idiot, Oh And mate... may you kick his bottocks whit the strength of a thousnd hamsters! :D
In life two things are ceratin, you live, and you die, but for some death is only the begining.

Vae Victus!-Woe to the conquered.

Humans fear what they dont understand....... and they despise what they fear.

We vampires are gods, Dark gods, and so it falls upon us thine the herd...

All men live... yet not all men truly die.

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 12:51:09 AM »
Quote from: "Lilly"
Ooooh, BIG mistake, Arconian! He is suing you because TECHNICALLY (I'm not saying this is right, but it's how it goes) you were obliged to leave him your ensurance number, or your parents' if you are underage, or a number where he can contact you to pay for the damages. Since you didn't he has the ground for a law suit. In his statement he can babble whatever he wants, like it was the red light, you weren't watching, anything. He's probably some scum looking for easy cash... you be carefull with these idiots, I've seen this before.

Is that really true? Geez, how could he think of that guy's insurance when he rolled through his windshield a couple of minutes ago with a heavy concussion afterwards? That's just wrong wrong wrong... Sorry, but I'd think Arconian's health is more important than a fucking broken windshield, wouldn't you? I'm tempted to drive over to wherever that money-grubber's place and kick that speeding guy's ass for sueing my bud. And yes, I *CAN*. It's only a two hour drive, if he lives anywhere near Arconian.

Couldn't Arconian just give that asshole the money for the windshield and be done with it?

Bah....the victim gets blamed for everything, and it's not even his fault. That makes me so mad. I can't stand injustices like that!

Offline Lilly

• Level 2
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lilly_with_a_smile@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 12:55:20 AM »
Well, the truth is, he can't really win the suit like this, but he'll try to intimidate you into believing he can. He's probably looking to settle.
Haven't you heard? Love isn't just for perfect things.

A perfect ending of a perfect movie: It's sunset and they're kissing. Aaaaawww. Ever wondered why it's always the sunset? Because night falls riiiight after it, mwahahahahahaha!

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2005, 12:56:35 AM »
Quote from: "Lilly"
Well, the truth is, he can't really win the suit like this, but he'll try to intimidate you into believing he can. He's probably looking to settle.

I see. Well, Arc me mate, kick his arse. *casts Improved Strength on Arconian*

Offline Raziel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2005, 01:03:43 AM »
Ye took the words right out of my mouth Moon, That guy needs a good kick in the butt, And i would happly oblige to kick his butt for hitting one of my mates and then suing him (i mean bloody hell! the guy should have enough integrty and apolgize :\ ).
In life two things are ceratin, you live, and you die, but for some death is only the begining.

Vae Victus!-Woe to the conquered.

Humans fear what they dont understand....... and they despise what they fear.

We vampires are gods, Dark gods, and so it falls upon us thine the herd...

All men live... yet not all men truly die.

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2005, 03:29:27 AM »
Indeed. Apparently he values his damn windshield damage over another person's life... :\

Offline Veldrin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 05:32:56 AM »
Looks like I'm out late on a big event again.  :eek:

Arconian, even if that guy winns his lawsuit, which is highly unlikely unless you get an extremely incompetent judge, jury, or defence atourney, then you should still be able to counter-sue him for the injuries, both physical and emotonial, he's caused you, jackasses like that should loose their licenses and be locked into tiny cages somewhere where they can't trouble proper human beings! And that someone like that has the nerve, or even the possibility, to actually start demanding money for his fucking windshield...  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:   What's happening to this world, anyway?

I agree that you should take a rest and recover, because concussions should never be underestimated; I've only had a minor one when I fell down from a tree once and could barely drag myself from one place to the next for the reminder of the day, and that was nowhere close to what you've been through.  So take care, and I really hope that guy gets trashed in court. Or, failing that, in a dark alley.
Yes, I'm gone. But you probably realized that already. My sincerest apologies for those of you whom I have inconvenienced with my continuous absences.

Offline Arconian

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 03:29:33 PM »
I'll just see what happens. I still think I was being overly kind by not even asking for his insurance and letting him go...  :) I'm just stupid like that.
Continually flabbergasted

It's a long walk,
long walk,
long walk to freedom...

Offline Sir Juno

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 07:06:23 PM »
Asking for insurance at a accident seen is like saying hello to a new person that you have met except for the fact that their wasn't a nice introduction.
Quote of the Time Being: "Hero, villian, savior, conquerer. You are all these Revan and yet you are nothing!" ~ Darth Malak, KOTOR

Offline Veldrin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2005, 02:52:04 AM »
I just had a look at my PM, and it seems I have some explaining to do.

I was positive I had sent my latest proofreads to you, but I don't have that message in my sent messages. :o  I'll send them over right away, but don't you dare do anything with them until you're all well again, you hear me?
Yes, I'm gone. But you probably realized that already. My sincerest apologies for those of you whom I have inconvenienced with my continuous absences.

Offline Ashalind

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - h1pch1k@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2005, 03:07:26 AM »
omg, Arconian, I can't believe I didn't see this before  :eek:  That's terrible! *big hug* Don't you  DARE think about doing anything if you're concussed you hear me! Or I'll whack you with the cast on my arm ;)

And, I can't believe he's suing you for it  :shock: some people have no idea when they should quit while their ahead! I mean, geez, he should be lucky he isnt having to pay you damages. People like that make me so mad  :mad:

I really hope you feel/get better soon.  :-)  (and then you can re begin work on your mod without the fear of being beaten up by people who care about you)
Sing Like nobodies listening,
Dance like nobodies watching,
Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you have never been hurt,
Live like its heaven on earth.
~Anonymous

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2005, 03:10:11 AM »
Quote from: "Sir Juno"
Asking for insurance at a accident seen is like saying hello to a new person that you have met except for the fact that their wasn't a nice introduction.

It's more like saying "Hey there. You owe me money!" to a complete stranger. I'd inquire about the person's health, and call 112 (911 in Holland), should someone fly through MY windshield. Yeesh!

Offline Sir Juno

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2005, 03:34:05 AM »
Quote from: "Moongaze"
Quote from: "Sir Juno"

It's more like saying "Hey there. You owe me money!" to a complete stranger. I'd inquire about the person's health, and call 112 (911 in Holland), should someone fly through MY windshield. Yeesh!

Thats what I would do and THEN ask for the insurance but I fear that my case would happen more than not.
Quote of the Time Being: "Hero, villian, savior, conquerer. You are all these Revan and yet you are nothing!" ~ Darth Malak, KOTOR