Author Topic: I believe I have some explaining to do...  (Read 20631 times)

Offline Arconian

• Level 1
    • View Profile
I believe I have some explaining to do...
« on: July 27, 2005, 12:09:02 PM »
You may have noticed that I haven't updated much and I felt that I had to explain this. A few days, a say a few days but it actualy happend two or three weeks ago,  I was hit by a car. I miraculously escaped skin deep wounds even though I went right through his windshield. Anyway imidiatly after I started feeling nausious and dizzy every time I stood up walked around or tried to think a little to hard.

Passing it off as shock I decided it would pass after a while no harm done. But when iot hadn't passed by last week and I started running fevers and spells of nausia to big to ignore I went to the doctors...Turns out I have a pretty damn severe concussion. Hope this explains the general lack of progress by me and the stupidness of my latest posts  :?

Arconian
Continually flabbergasted

It's a long walk,
long walk,
long walk to freedom...

Offline Raziel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 12:46:15 PM »
Bloody hell! why didnt ya tell me mate?!... so how are ye doing? better i hope.
In life two things are ceratin, you live, and you die, but for some death is only the begining.

Vae Victus!-Woe to the conquered.

Humans fear what they dont understand....... and they despise what they fear.

We vampires are gods, Dark gods, and so it falls upon us thine the herd...

All men live... yet not all men truly die.

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • ICQ Messenger - 199348340
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 02:04:28 PM »
A concussion.  :eek: Oh my, that's awful. I had one of those ones when I fell rather badly of a horse. I couldn't read for an entire week, seriously. :( After that week I tried to get back to school, but that didn't work at all. I managed to hold on for a while, but then had to stay home for four weeks to really recover. :( And after that I kept being more vulnerable and weaker for several months. :(

So instead of asking for updates on the progress, I'm going to be really upset by you if you dare to do anything that will give you a headache, makes you feel tired, makes you dizzy or exhaust you in any other way. Listen to your body and stop every time you have to. Please don't underestimate concussions; you'll need quite some time to recover and since you didn't do it right away it's going to take even longer. :(

If you don't take good care of yourself now, then you're going to regret it for many years. Why? Because you could have regular migraine attacks if you don't recover well enough. It happened to an acquaintance of mine, it's been four years ago and he still suffers from migraine every two weeks. Believe me, you don't want to experience that if you can avoid it, and that's not even the worst that can be caused because of this. :(

I know what I'm talking about here. You have to take care of yourself and you have to do it now. That's the only wise thing you can do. This can wait, RL can wait, you have to recover first or you're in for a lot of trouble later. And you don't want to go through that at all. :(

You take care of yourself, all right?
I am.

Perhaps I should not, but that is not for you to decide.

"And yet I walk and talk, even smile..." - Lle caela diolooamin.

Everything and nothing... I wish it wasn't so true.

Narbondel Reborn

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 02:21:39 PM »
Hope you feel OK now :)
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Level 1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i_inhabit_earth@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nybcr/themarysuemod.htm
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 03:34:37 PM »
Get better!  But take your time. :)
"Without my glasses, I see the world as it really is: kinda blurry."

"I hate to tell you this, but... your IQ Test came back negative."

The stupidest, silliest mod in progress is right here:
The Mary Sue NPC Mod

Offline Sir Juno

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 05:04:43 PM »
Take care of yourself Arconian and take as much time as you need to get better.
Quote of the Time Being: "Hero, villian, savior, conquerer. You are all these Revan and yet you are nothing!" ~ Darth Malak, KOTOR

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - zyraen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 06:10:37 PM »
Take care and be well. Health comes first. So does Real Life.
SoAVer
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 12:08:55 AM »
I agree.

*sigh* This is an evil year.

Offline Lilly

• Level 2
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lilly_with_a_smile@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 01:00:48 AM »
I'm starting to HATE cars! Really! My best friend had a car accident not long ago, and he could have been killed! Grrr! And just the way I wanted to kick his butt for even getting in the same car with that perceptively challenged GIT, the same way I want to kick YOURS for not going to the doctor! People, if you don't start taking care of yourselves, I'll beat it in ya! Seriously! I won't have anymore of my friends hurt because of reclessness!  :mad: So, be good!

Oh, and hope you feel better soon, sweety!  :D *huggle*
Haven't you heard? Love isn't just for perfect things.

A perfect ending of a perfect movie: It's sunset and they're kissing. Aaaaawww. Ever wondered why it's always the sunset? Because night falls riiiight after it, mwahahahahahaha!

Offline Sir Juno

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 01:42:22 AM »
Quote from: "Lilly"
I'm starting to HATE cars! Really! My best friend had a car accident not long ago, and he could have been killed! Grrr! And just the way I wanted to kick his butt for even getting in the same car with that perceptively challenged GIT, the same way I want to kick YOURS for not going to the doctor! People, if you don't start taking care of yourselves, I'll beat it in ya! Seriously! I won't have anymore of my friends hurt because of reclessness!  :mad: So, be good!

Oh, and hope you feel better soon, sweety!  :D *huggle*

Whoa don't blame cars, just blame the stupid people in them ;)
Quote of the Time Being: "Hero, villian, savior, conquerer. You are all these Revan and yet you are nothing!" ~ Darth Malak, KOTOR

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 02:48:10 AM »
Indeed. If everyone drived (drove?) safely, accidents would be less frequent. No reckless driving, no using cellphones in the car (unless they're handsfree), and definately no alcohol before driving. Most accidents are due to unwise use of a car, not the car itself.

'Tis an evil year...
I just realised I didn't say anything related to your recovery, and for that I'm sorry. Your PM indicated towards this, but I had no clue it was actually this severe. I hope you shall recover soon, mate. 'Twon't be the same without you here.

Still, I hope you won't read this until you're recovered. :wink: You don't want Lilly to kick your butt, now do you? Now, you go rest up and don't worry about the Mods. And don't apologise, alright? I'm doing enough unnecessary apologies for both of us. ;-) And besides, it REALLY isn't your fault.

Remember: Rest up, or we'll tie you to the bed until you're fine again. :wink:

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: I believe I have some explaining to do...
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 03:07:26 AM »
Quote from: "Arconian"
You may have noticed that I haven't updated much and I felt that I had to explain this. A few days, a say a few days but it actualy happend two or three weeks ago,  I was hit by a car. I miraculously escaped skin deep wounds even though I went right through his windshield. Anyway imidiatly after I started feeling nausious and dizzy every time I stood up walked around or tried to think a little to hard.

Passing it off as shock I decided it would pass after a while no harm done. But when iot hadn't passed by last week and I started running fevers and spells of nausia to big to ignore I went to the doctors...Turns out I have a pretty damn severe concussion. Hope this explains the general lack of progress by me and the stupidness of my latest posts  :?

Arconian

Take your time and be well, mate.
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Arconian

• Level 1
    • View Profile
And now the Sh*t hits the fan
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 02:50:51 PM »
First of all thanks for the kind words you guys, I really appreciate it! :)
This'll help speed up me recovery for sure. I know that you guys are gonna kick me fo' dis but I feel like crap, my heads achin' and I'm online. Why? 'Cause I'm angry. Why you ask?

Get ready for this...

The guy who hit me, is sueing me. That's right, while crossing the street, in a 30 KMPH zone, over a speedbump, I get hit by this guy doing at least 50. The only reason I do not die is because I jump on the hood of his car and roll...yes roll! Through his windshield.

After he stops he ask me if I'm gonna sue. Me thinking I'm perfectly O.K. an' feelin' sorry for Dweeby McDweebelson, say that I'm not going to but that the windshield is coming out of his pocket. He says he understands...Now I have a severe concussion and I get f*cking sued, :mad: I don't get the guy. If we take this to court I'm waltzing over his behind.

I'm sorry, gotta go sit down now... :cry:
Continually flabbergasted

It's a long walk,
long walk,
long walk to freedom...

Offline Sir Juno

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: And now the Sh*t hits the fan
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 03:24:04 PM »
Quote from: "Arconian"
First of all thanks for the kind words you guys, I really appreciate it! :)
This'll help speed up me recovery for sure. I know that you guys are gonna kick me fo' dis but I feel like crap, my heads achin' and I'm online. Why? 'Cause I'm angry. Why you ask?

Get ready for this...

The guy who hit me, is sueing me. That's right, while crossing the street, in a 30 KMPH zone, over a speedbump, I get hit by this guy doing at least 50. The only reason I do not die is because I jump on the hood of his car and roll...yes roll! Through his windshield.

After he stops he ask me if I'm gonna sue. Me thinking I'm perfectly O.K. an' feelin' sorry for Dweeby McDweebelson, say that I'm not going to but that the windshield is coming out of his pocket. He says he understands...Now I have a severe concussion and I get f*cking sued, :mad: I don't get the guy. If we take this to court I'm waltzing over his behind.

I'm sorry, gotta go sit down now... :cry:

What you said right there is what is wrong with the world, people sueing others because of their own stupidity. Well I hope you the best with your recovery and your legal troubles now.

Also kudos to your mad skills right there.  :D

Offline Harlequin

• MSN Messenger - Passedout_Harlequin@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 03:57:52 PM »
Oh, ouch :-( I really, really hope that you recover soon, Arconian. Legally you should be in the right. He *was* obviously in the wrong, after all, the doctors should be able to prove this from your injuries.

But, good luck! I hope this goes smoothly for you...

Harle
xx
'Everything you can imagine is real...'
~ Pablo Picasso