Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 351394 times)

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2005, 06:21:11 AM »
Quote from: "Lilly"
It's OK, Moongaze. I figured someone would take the bait. I don't really mind being called "honey"  :p
HAH! The joke's on you :D
Hehe, if only you knew that what I REALLY hate is "baby"...
DAMN! Note to self: Keep yap shut!

Heh... :p

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2005, 08:44:48 AM »
Greetings to all.  I hope you all have fun. Wonder why there isn't a roleplaying section on this site. Oh well. Probably would of cost too much. Hope to see you around, and hopefully some of you will like my BG fanfics.  :)
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline Attalus

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - viconiaslover
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2005, 11:17:47 AM »
I'm known as Attalus from the character in my wife's and my novels.  My real name is Bill and I've been playing BG/BGII for six years.  Yike, I hadn't realized it was that long.
"I do love thee for all the qualities that make thee -- thou."  - Saerileth

"And you are here with me, now; you are the rock that saved me." - Aribeth de Tylmarande

"It's Attalus and Imoen, now.  We are one.  C'mon, let's go get our soul back."  - Imoen

Offline Dymphna

• MSN Messenger - ellalalalaaREMOVE@THIShotmail.com
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2005, 11:35:39 AM »
Hi, my real name's Ella, but in the 'net I go by either Dymphna or Reenjalas.
Reenjalas is finnish and the closest translation I've managed to find for it is Sleigh's footing. Or something close to it. :P

Dymphna, on the other hand, is the name of a saint. To be more specific, the's a patron saint of mental illness, nervous diseases, incest victims and runaways.  :shock:

'Tis strangely fitting for me. (for personal reasons) I originally chose it as my nick because a baby-naming site said that it means 'little poet', which fits me also. :P

I've got a really bad habit of lurking, so I will not be posting much here.

Um, what more to tell about me? Well, I'm Finnish and my birthday is on the 16th of January. I'm sixteen and I like reading, playing RPG-and adventure games and writing.

I got BG2&ToB when they were released and a few years after that found modding. Since that I've been downloading various mods and lurking around many different forums.

And, um, that's all, I suppose.  :-)
Medicore talent.

Offline Veldrin

• View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2005, 12:47:05 PM »
Ah yes. Introductions, introductions...

I'm currently using the name Veldrin (The same I used for my very first PC in BG II an incompetent half-elven Stalker who somehow got himself trapped in the Planar Sphere at level nine with only a +1 Dagger and a +1 Quarterstaff for magical weapons). I lurked around at the old forums for a couple of weeks before finally gathering the courage to actually register.

I'm a Finnish boy at the tragically misunderstood (Or so many people of my age claim) age of 17 and have name that few not native to my country can pronounce (or even spell) right. I like reading (Particularly Fantasy Literature), writing (Especially when it doesn't have to be based on facts) and Martial Arts, although my homework and chronic procrastination has been eating away at my training lately :oops: . I have also been told that I have a strange sense of humor.

I'll be posting a bit here and there, basically whenever I'm in the mood. Oh, and I'm on something of a crusade to bring race sensitivity into NPC mods so don't be surprised if I bring up related questions frequently. And sometimes I tend to be unbelievably long-winded, please ignore such occasions if you can.

And...that's it.
Yes, I'm gone. But you probably realized that already. My sincerest apologies for those of you whom I have inconvenienced with my continuous absences.

Offline Llew

• View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2005, 03:17:16 PM »
New forum, same (or at least similar) people. Good to read about you all again, especially those who were on the old forums from time immemorial. Finally some of us newer folks get the info on you.

The name is Ryan, screename Llew, after my first BG character. I'm a 29 year old beginning PhD studies at the University of Toronto. CoM has been such a great community. I lurk at a lot of other modding boards but this is the only one I post at.

I must say thank you to all those who put a huge amount of time and effort into modding. I have no desire to emulate you but I am happy to reap the results of your efforts. Bravo.  :P  (No clapping hands smilies?)
A team effort is a lot of people doing what I say.

Offline Magnus

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2005, 04:04:36 PM »
I be Magnus or Magnus Thorenson, mighty dwarf of the Realms. I've been with com near it's beginning. I loved playing the bg games but never got into modding until Gabe said I should. With that inspiration, I made my two BG games and did some work on Encounters. Now I'm working on bringin Yeslick into BG2.
Where's me bleedin ale?

My Mods & Contributions:

Dark Horizons

CoM Encounters

Offline Qualidor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2005, 08:50:41 PM »
Hi everyone!

Kudos to Revan for the new board layout. Damn, I didn't even know it was moving because I haven't been online since Monday morning! That's probably why I registered 68th and not 10th...  :D

My name is Michael, though my online alias is Qualidor. I joined the old board at the start of the year and have never looked back!

It's good to be back...

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2005, 11:42:01 PM »
if you can't guess where I got my name sake I'll have to hurt you. In my mind anyway.

I am called Lord Kain here, I'm Lord Kain at the pocketplane. When I actually log in at the forgottenwars I'm Lord Kain.  At the Adventurers bar and grill they call be Lord Kain. And at fanfiction.net I'm called Lord Kain.

I just think its easier to use the same screen where ever I post.

Feanor once during a fourm change I lost an cool  title.
"I was the 500th member and I'll I got was this lousy title" oh the old days at the forgottenwars.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2005, 12:43:20 AM »
Khmm, introductions...  :-D

Well, now it's my turn (bows to everyone first). I'm the mightiest elf in Arda (do not even dare to think less  :evil: ), using this nickname (or something related to it, in case it was already taken) in all my accounts. Sometimes I'm less careful with details, which explains why I did not register in the new forum from the first day (It had to be Sillara again the one who prick me and pointed me to the right direction...  :D ). This forum has a great community (and damn good mods, as well), so here I am.

PS : my rank is meatbag... Bah... That is an offence to my royal highness... I'll have to work hard again to recover my 210 posts which I had in the previous forum...  :-D  War wizard sounded better...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:39:55 AM by Feanor »
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2005, 02:43:20 AM »
Quote from: "Feanor"
I'll have to work hard again to recover my 210 posts which I had in the previous forum

ugh....I'll have to recover my 1661 posts....

Offline Isaac

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2005, 02:59:53 AM »
and i'll have to recover over 1300 posts. don't know if i actually care to do so though.
Isaac - Lilly's apprentice in Silliness

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2005, 04:10:46 AM »
Quote from: "nethrin"
Quote from: "Feanor"
I'll have to work hard again to recover my 210 posts which I had in the previous forum

ugh....I'll have to recover my 1661 posts....

To reach again that number, I mean (and getting rid of this annoying "meatbag" status, hehe  :D ) and not to post them again.  :D

At least, now we're even, Nethrin, heh.  :-D
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Dragon Lord

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2005, 04:12:45 AM »
Yeah, I gotta get back to Grand Master (or the equivilent). It took me FOREVER to get there.
I grow tired of shouting battle cries when fighting this mage. Boo will finish his eyeballs once and for all, so he does not rise again! Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!
                                                       -Minsc

Sometimes, people are said to have a Dragon inside. For Drake, it's true.

My Weird Songs
My MySpace

Offline Januszka

• MSN Messenger - llanos_pastor@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpg-bardo.com
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2005, 06:17:15 AM »
Hi everyone :)
Im Janu, spanish, translating... blahblahblah... :D
Nice forum btw :)

Spanish Translations :)