Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 351395 times)

Offline Catseye

• MSN Messenger - jungle_cub05
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jungle_cub05
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 08:56:44 PM »
Hey everyone,  I'm Catseye, from sunny California (right now it's sunny anyways).  I've been around the mods for a little over a year but have been playing BG for about 3 years.  I've tested a few mods and love helping out like that when I can.  :-D
"Shall I describe it to you or would you like me to find you a box?"

Offline Midia Eveill

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 02:59:42 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm Karen from Canada, aka KSB. Started searching for mods kinda by accident and have loved them ever since. I started playing PnP Ad&d when I was around 16 or so, i'm 29 now and GOD DO I MISS it. Miss d&d not 16 btw. I use to be a squire on the old CoM site, love that site and was amazed at how extremely creative people can collect and bounce around ideas and it doesn't get..icky. So, hello everyone, again, hope to see you around here now!
I am the Phantom Nagger What Nags at Midnight! Fear me!

Offline SaintZenn

• ICQ Messenger - 319821539
    • MSN Messenger - jaxon_The_jester@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LightShadowEyes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jaxon_the_jester
    • View Profile
    • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Welcome_To_Draken/
    • Email
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 03:05:44 AM »
Heya it's me Imoe... Wait wrong name....
My name is Lori. Always known as either Saint or Iria Zenn. Writer of the bg fic Misery & Happiness. (And hopefully one day a mod.)
"Remember, blood is not only much thicker than water, it's much more difficult to get out of the carpet."~Phyllis Diller

"Death is the only inescapable, unavoidable, sure thing. We are sentenced to die the day we're born." - Gary Mark Gilmore

Your Saint of Hate The writings of a mad woman...

Offline Dellaster

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 03:24:41 AM »
Hi, I'm Ted. I've used Dellaster most of the time for the past decade or so, a name I invented for a flower in the fantasy novel I never wrote (don't we all have one of those?) in the mid-80s. It seems to mean something to Swedish engineers (no idea what), but otherwise it's uniquely my own on a Google search.

I never played PnP D&D. Probably because it didn't exist yet when I was in High School and my college was always on an adult schedule. No on-campus fun. In the early 80s my nephew got hooked on D&D and I must have bought him half a dozen books, such as the monster manual, but I never looked at them very closely. So, IIRC, BG1 was my first full experience with the "pure" D&D ruleset. I liked it.

It's a very hard choice between the excellent modding communities, but I'm finding myself most comfortable here. I'm currently learning/creating my own NPC mod. The rough-draft idea was posted on the old board, but it has evolved a bit since then (characters have their own minds; she surprised the heck out of me yesterday!). It's good to know that if and when I feel it's ready for public view there's a community as wonderful as CoM to take a look.  :-D
 Adenydd NPC - In Progress
"The face I have is the face the ladies love!  Boo loves Minsc's face, too.  Don't you Boo?" - Minsc (BioWare)

Offline Sir Kalthorine

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - pwearne@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Peteypaladin
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 03:51:38 AM »
Howdy y'all!

I am Pete, a thirty-something serial meanderer-through-life (have been at various times an astrophysics student, nuclear power station code programmer, secondary school teacher and property development secretary), but I have been "Sir Kalthorine" among the BG community for as long as I can remember.  Yup, I am one of the real game "old-timers", to the extent that being such a bloody nuisance on the original Bioware forums during the development of the original games even earned me a cameo appearance in ToB!  I also have the (dubious) honour of having been the ne'er-do-well responsible for producing the first set of Infinity Engine multi-romance scripts back in the "good old days" before WeiDU took the world by storm.

Life has been... interesting over the past few years (I sometimes feel I may have angered a spiteful Oriental wizard at some time during my youth and fallen victim as a result to the ancient Chinese curse of "May you live in interesting times!").  For the whole of 2003-2004 my "interesting" finances left me without access to a home PC, hence I disappeared from the BG modding scene for two-and-a-half years.  I was, of course, absolutely overjoyed to see the community even healthier now than it was when I left.   :cool:

I am happily settled in Birmingham, UK, and have a wonderful fiance whose entire life at the moment seems to revolve around organising our August 2006 wedding (yay!).  Which is fine by me... as it gives me more time to devote to my friends in the BG community and to my resurrected NPC mod CHRYSTA over on the FW forums.  

Although FW forums are where my head is (since they originally hosted Chrysta back in 2002 when I first mooted the idea), my heart is definitely with CoM.  The community here are by far the nicest and most helpful bunch of BG people on the Net... and some weirdos here even find my own bizarro sense of humour and godawful puns actually funny from time to time!

Well, OK... maybe that last bit was just wishful thinking on my part... hehe  :D
Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes." - Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 04:11:53 AM »
Quote from: "Revan"
Quote from: "Sillara"

(We need more smilies!!!!)
For Sillara's benefit I uploaded a few more smilies.

Thank you!  I noticed them when I was posting later!   :nod:   Now, if I could just find a *happy* blushing smilie, it would be great!  :P

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Dragon Lord

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 04:13:10 AM »
Welcome everyone from the new site!
I grow tired of shouting battle cries when fighting this mage. Boo will finish his eyeballs once and for all, so he does not rise again! Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!
                                                       -Minsc

Sometimes, people are said to have a Dragon inside. For Drake, it's true.

My Weird Songs
My MySpace

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 05:07:46 AM »
I'm going to start an SK fan-club.  you rule, sk!  :D

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 05:25:50 AM »
Quote from: "Revan"

For Sillara's benefit I uploaded a few more smilies.

Thank you!  I noticed them when I was posting later!   :nod:   Now, if I could just find a *happy* blushing smilie, it would be great!  :P

Sillara

Maybe Revan can add these?

Offline Sir Kalthorine

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - pwearne@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Peteypaladin
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 05:50:55 AM »

Now, if I could just find a *happy* blushing smilie, it would be great!  :P

How about these as replacement "Happy Blushing Smilies":
or or

(I get these and most of my more esoteric ones from: http://www.parentstep.com/forum/misc.php?do=showsmilies)
Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes." - Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

Offline Lilly

• Level 2
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lilly_with_a_smile@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2005, 05:51:29 AM »
AHA! Found ya! Hehe, you thought you'd get away from me, eh  :D
Kidding, as always :D
Name's Ljubica... don't bother, it can't be pronounced in English, just call me Lilly... or Lil... but, don't call me HONEY  :evil:
Haven't you heard? Love isn't just for perfect things.

A perfect ending of a perfect movie: It's sunset and they're kissing. Aaaaawww. Ever wondered why it's always the sunset? Because night falls riiiight after it, mwahahahahahaha!

Offline LuckyOne

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - Atradiez@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://phaylan.proboards31.com/index.cgi
    • Email
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2005, 05:54:33 AM »
'Ello Ello,

I'm Joshua (Josh), a 25-year-old philosophy student currently located in the Scottish city of Aberdeen. Originally hailing from the English city of Nottingham (yes, the place where Robin Hood's from :P), I - through a long stringe of events - have earned the nickname "LuckyOne" from various friends. It is also, as you can see, my screen name ;-)

Author of far too many Baldur-ised songs, I work as a Bar-tender when I'm not studying, playing sports, messing about with my computer or spending time with my fiancee (ahhhh!).

While I've only just relativly recently become fascinated by the whole "Forgotten Realms" world, I have yet to actually sit down and play a traditional PnP D&D game. However, until a few months ago I was an active member of a Pbem community.

Here's to hopeing that the first MoD I've ever worked on (the "Valasse Romance Project") is a success! :-D

*Holds up beer tankard*

LuckyOne

Zaeriina Evenstar: An NPC Mod for those dark of heart...

Narbondel: Fantasy Roleplaying Campaign

'There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls..'[/color]

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2005, 06:03:03 AM »
Quote from: "Lilly"
AHA! Found ya! Hehe, you thought you'd get away from me, eh  :D
Kidding, as always :D
Name's Ljubica... don't bother, it can't be pronounced in English, just call me Lilly... or Lil... but, don't call me HONEY  :evil:

Okay.....

....honey.

Sorry, couldn't resist such an open invitation. :P :wink:

Offline Darkfire

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2005, 06:08:48 AM »
Hello, I'm Darkfire, and I have more aliases than I can count (writing both surveillance and cryptographic software made me paranoid :? ).  I'm an old-school gamer drawn to CRPGs for their replayability.  I like the new look.
Tranquility is courage in repose.
--Nitobe Inazo

Offline Lilly

• Level 2
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lilly_with_a_smile@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2005, 06:18:22 AM »
It's OK, Moongaze. I figured someone would take the bait. I don't really mind being called "honey"  :p
HAH! The joke's on you :D
Hehe, if only you knew that what I REALLY hate is "baby"...
DAMN! Note to self: Keep yap shut!
Haven't you heard? Love isn't just for perfect things.

A perfect ending of a perfect movie: It's sunset and they're kissing. Aaaaawww. Ever wondered why it's always the sunset? Because night falls riiiight after it, mwahahahahahaha!