Author Topic: Romance Conflicts?  (Read 10384 times)

Offline Lothlondiel

• View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« on: July 02, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »
Hi!  :)  I just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to this mod . . . it sounds like a lot of fun.  However, I wanted to know if you'd thought of including FORCED romance conflicts for male and female PCs?  Sure we know Anomen probably wouldn't be interested, but would that really stop Stardust from trying to grab his attention/seduce/flirt with him/butt in on his conversations with the PC?  I can see a female PC tearing her hair out in frustration, and since there are so many romance mods out there where the men fight over the female PCs, it might be neat to get a different perspective on things for comedic value, even if Stardust ultimately has no chance (or does she?  Up to you).  ;)  I'd also LOVE to see something like this for Edwin if the PC had the Edwin Romance installed.  (I love that mod)

I can see her trying to butt in on a male PC's romance with the Bioware Three, too.  Even if the PC told her he wasn't interested (and maybe ESPECIALLY if he did -- the damage to her ego might force her into denial), I can see her trying to sidle up to him whenever he's trying to talk with Aerie, Viconia, or Jaheira, or doing things to try to win his favour . . . stupid Mary Sue things.  (IE, faking a sprained ankle and whining to be carried so she can try to cuddle up to her "knight", trying to initiate bad flirts that either disturb the PC or never go right, and so forth)  This could continue until either Stardust got bored/distracted by a ball of tin foil, the PC finally broke through to her, or one of the women ended up throttling her.

Again, this is just a suggestion that came to me while I was reading about the mod and I thought would be funny/interesting.  Hope I'm not a bother for suggesting it.  :)

Offline AstraKiseki

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 09:02:32 AM »
Hell, if you do it, I'll send in stuff for Parn!  There are three arcs, so he can be hit on even if you aren't romancing him.   :evil:
Tired of thief-mages?  How about trying out a wide-eyed young man more than a few picklocks up his sleeve?   
 Parn Celoair

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Level 1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i_inhabit_earth@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nybcr/themarysuemod.htm
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 01:39:30 PM »
I actually have been thinking about Stardust trying to get Charname, and in the first PC Banter I have written, she makes her first "move".  There will be no actual romance, I've already decided that--and, if anything, there will be a short fling, at the end of which Stardust will inform Charname that she needs to move on/he's suffocating her/they're not MEANT TO BE, or something like that--assuming the "fling" GETS that far in the first place. ;-)

Stardust would NOT, however, have such a fling with a female Charname for the reason that, while she is not homophobic, she is strictly straight.  She would, however, insist that a female Charname be her "girl-friend" or a female admirer.

Of course, I hadn't really thought to much about Stardust attempting to interfere with Charname's romances, but that's a really good idea. :) I'll probably insert it in SOME form, although there probably won't be too much of it.  Just enough to get Aerie, Jeheira, and Viconia really, really annoyed. ;-)  If all three are in the group, I may even make them team up against Stardust.  :shock: Or not.  That's a rather scary concept. :D

Thanks for the suggestion, Lothlondiel!
"Without my glasses, I see the world as it really is: kinda blurry."

"I hate to tell you this, but... your IQ Test came back negative."

The stupidest, silliest mod in progress is right here:
The Mary Sue NPC Mod

Offline Lothlondiel

• View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 08:24:19 PM »
I didn't mean for Stardust to hit on the female PC.  I meant for her to hit on Anomen if the female PC was romancing HIM.  :)  I just thought it would be an interesting thing, for the PC to suddenly be having her usual flirts/conversations with Anomen only to be suddenly shunted aside by Stardust who tries to do the same.  Even if she only meant it as a joke, I can still imagine the reactions from some female players when all of a sudden Stardust initiated flirts started popping up with THEIR romances.  

Still, glad you liked the suggestion.  Can't wait to try the mod!   :)

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 12:13:13 AM »
Quote from: "Lothlondiel"
I didn't mean for Stardust to hit on the female PC.  I meant for her to hit on Anomen if the female PC was romancing HIM.  :)  I just thought it would be an interesting thing, for the PC to suddenly be having her usual flirts/conversations with Anomen only to be suddenly shunted aside by Stardust who tries to do the same.  Even if she only meant it as a joke, I can still imagine the reactions from some female players when all of a sudden Stardust initiated flirts started popping up with THEIR romances.

Ohhh... silly me. :D

But that certainly IS an interesting idea, although she thinks that while knights have the right idea with that "chivalry thing", she wouldn't want to be with them since they're so stiff.  She WOULD, however, joke around and flirt a little, just because she can, and THAT would certainly be an interesting idea to play with... :evil:

The Mary Sue NPC Mod

Offline Clee

• View Profile
    • Email
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 06:24:26 PM »
Quote from: "K. Lou of Combs"
Quote from: "Lothlondiel"

Ohhh... silly me. :D

But that certainly IS an interesting idea, although she thinks that while knights have the right idea with that "chivalry thing", she wouldn't want to be with them since they're so stiff.  She WOULD, however, joke around and flirt a little, just because she can, and THAT would certainly be an interesting idea to play with... :evil:

I'm afraid I just may have to kill her then. :evil:  Nothing personal to her of course. :cool: I just get rather mean when someone starts flirting with my man.
Carpe Diem- Seize the day

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 10:20:44 AM »
Oh my, I've been reading some of her dialogues with Edwin and Salvanas, and it got me laughing! Me, the all-serious one. Fun mod, and it's sad, indeed that it was not to be a romance between the Mary Sue and CHARNAME, specially if the later is as serious and silent as me. What a pair!  :lol:
Future Sights and dreams:
The "Chosen" warrior - a tool of destiny.
The Bhaal - Hunters.
The Firesoul and the Icequeen.
The Favored of Cyric alternative?

Offline theacefes

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
  • XTREME METAL ROCKER PUNK CHICK WITH ULTRA SURFBOARD
    • MSN Messenger - bohdi2185@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bohdi2185
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - theacefes@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
    • Email
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 08:39:02 PM »
Why does every mod have to have a romance?
-Ace
NPC Creation Guide - Latest Version
My Music Reels (mod-related and others)

Magical Unicorns - Because ponies are so last year.

theacefes: People probably look at our pictures and think "hmm one admin looks psychotic and the other looks like Captain Picard..."
grimsqueaker: TOGETHER THEY FIGHT CRIME

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 03:20:37 AM »
Quote from: "theacefes"
Why does every mod have to have a romance?

It doesn't. A friendship mod goes fine by me, but I just like to have the choice. It's a big world.
The Bhaal - Hunters.

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 06:46:49 PM »
I get what you're saying, but some characters are just better if no romance with the protagonist is even possible.  Take Stardust, for example: frankly, this is a humor mod.  To make you laugh.  If I put a romance in, it would either have to be a joke or out of character, the latter of which I refuse to do and the former of which would be a bit overkill, methinks.  Besides, if I put in a romance, she would no longer be the kind of Mary Sue I want her to be--in other words, not a Mary Sue at all. (Does that last bit make any sense?  Meh, whatever.)

The Mary Sue NPC Mod

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 03:09:20 AM »
I get the humor part. And after a great amount of pondering the subject, I agree. Better off without a romance. How's it going?
The Bhaal - Hunters.

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 09:19:18 AM »
Quote from: "Hide and Seek"
I get the humor part. And after a great amount of pondering the subject, I agree. Better off without a romance. How's it going?

Hello!  Sorry, I was unable to reach the internet since my last post... so, um... yeah.  Teehee! :D And if you're asking how progress is going... um... nothing since my last post! *runs off to avoid further questioning*

The Mary Sue NPC Mod

Offline Hide and Seek

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »

Hello!  Sorry, I was unable to reach the internet since my last post... so, um... yeah.  Teehee! :D And if you're asking how progress is going... um... nothing since my last post! *runs off to avoid further questioning*

No further questioning... at least you're honest.  :shock:
The Bhaal - Hunters.

Offline K. Lou of Combs

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Romance Conflicts?
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 12:10:57 AM »

No further questioning... at least you're honest.  :shock:

*distant maniacal laughter*

The Mary Sue NPC Mod